Monday, February 11, 2008

Our Lady of Lourdes

Today, February 11 is the national holiday of the foundation day of Japan, but also, Catholic memorial day of "Our Lady of Lourdes", too!

Lots of national holidays and histrorical events of Japan are the same days of Celebration days of St. Maria, eg., August 15, the end of war is Assumption of St. Mary.

...
Ever immaculate Virgin, Mother of mercy, health of the sick, refuge of sinners, comfort of the afflicted, you know my needs, my troubles, my sufferings; cast on me a look of pity.
By appearing in the grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary, from which you dispense your favours, and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and physical.
I come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession.
Obtain, most loving mother, my requests, through Jeses Christ your Son our Lord.
Amen.

No comments: